Customer: Silicon Valley Creates
Type: Web development
Requirements: Elisoft together with Silicon Valley Creates consulted GoldStar company on extending the target audience by attracting bloggers who use popular CMS.
The main requirement was to develop a plugin with the following features:
- Provide capabilities to find, display and filter events
- The events should be loaded using GoldStar API
- The plugin should follow WordPress standards, should be easy to install and use
- Sorting filters should have the following options: category type, geographic area, date (or date range), price (or price range)
- Users should have a capability to configure the plugin easily via an admin panel
- Client/partner plugin setting options should include: territory selection, listing order selection, filter selection (allows client to control which drop menu filters are available to end users)
Challenge: One of the challenges on this project was to develop a flexible, attractive and user-friendly UI which can fit any theme. The plugin design should have “style-independent” view and render properly on all popular browsers and devices including mobile and tablet screens.
Solution: Elisoft and Silicon Valley Creates used modern front-end techniques and design approaches to implement a very flexible plugin UI. With the use CSS Media Queries the plugin can be rendered correctly on all types of devices.
Results: As a result the plugin was released in time and published in official WordPress Plugin Directory:http://wordpress.org/plugins/goldstar/ The plugin works properly in all the popular browsers. The customer had expected to have about 500 downloads in the next 2 years but it reached 200 downloads just within one month. The plugin is being supported and planned to be updated with more features.
Engagement model: Fixed cost model
Duration: 1 month
Staff: 1 PHP developer, 1 UI developer